Sunday, April 24, 2011

Joyeuses Pâques!!

Joyeuses Pâques Mes Amis!!!!  (Happy Easter My Friends!!!!) 
Easter Morning Before Church
It is sad not being home for Easter, however, people here in Ambialet and back home in the USA have tried to make us feel as if we are at home.  First off, yesterday, my family skyped me during Easter dinner.  It was so nice still being able to be there, even though I'm in France.  I think I was on skype with them for about two hours  Then this morning, outside our door, there were little Easter Baskets for everyone filled with some candy.  I believe that Maura, one of the students here, made them for everyone.  That was such a nice gesture and I know it definitely made my roommate's and my morning.  In addition, Tim made us all scrambled eggs for breakfast!!!  This was the first time we actually had breakfast here in France!  We were all pretty excited when John pounded on our doors saying that there were scrambled eggs down in the dining room.  I then attended 11:00am mass.  That was the last mass I will ever attend in Ambialet. Pere Jammes told us that it was wonderful having all of us here this semester and to have safe journeys home.  After church, lunch was set up in the stone room instead of the normal dining room.  Peter and Margret, the English couple that lives down the hill from us, came and decorated the table with candy and gave each of us chocolate Easter eggs in our cups.  It was so nice of them to think of us on this special holiday when we are away from our families.  Around 10:00am USA time, my family called me while my sister opened her Easter basket.  My mom and dad said that I will be able to open mine when I get home on Saturday.  I guess I'll be having two Easters this year.  
Only six more day until my return to the USA!!!!  I'm getting more and more excited as Saturday gets closer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment