Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Carcassonne

Today we started our trip toward Barcelona, Spain.  We ventured to the city of Carcassonne, France.  This city is actually found within castle walls.  It is absolutely incredible, especially when seen from a distance.  Once inside the city proper, we visited a church.  Housed within this church are the most spectacular stained glass windows in Southern France.  After visiting the church, we had free time to go get lunch.  Brady, Jen, Alicia, Katie, Rachel, and I went to this cafe and Alicia and I split a pizza.  Pizza definitely tastes different than USA pizza.  Once we left Carcassonne, we visited an Abbey located in Fontfroide.  Once we left Fontfroide, we arrived at our hotel in Narbonne, France.  We were allowed to do whatever we wanted once we checked into our hotel.  Brady, Jen, Alicia, Katie, and I went to walk around.  Katie and I bought some clothes.  French clothes are just too cute!  We then got dinner at a restaurant located next to our hotel.  For the rest of the night, I'm going to attempt to start reading the next section of anatomy and Katie is going to braid my hair for tomorrow. 


 Tomorrow we will arrive in Barcelona, Spain!!!  I should hopefully have internet at our hostel, so I'll try to be in touch with everyone tomorrow evening.  Bonne Nuit!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment