Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rome, Italy

Saluti da Roma!!!

We arrived in Rome, Italy today!!!  Our train left the Florence station around 11:10am and let me note that European train stations are very confusing for first time riders!  Our train arrived in Rome around 12:45pm.  We then had a private car transfer to our hotel.  We then went to dinner, which as always was delicious!  I had penne pasta with a tomato sauce and a breaded veal cutlet.

After dinner, we walked to the Trevi Fountain!!!  It was awesome to actually see it!!  You always see the Trevi fountain portrayed in pictures and movies, but seeing it in person was a lot better!  I even got a toss a coin, actually two, into the fountain.  It is rumored that if you throw one coin, that means that you will return to Rome; if you throw two that means you will find your true love; and if you throw three that means that you will find your true love in Rome.  I just threw two because my sister messed up the first picture she took.


Tomorrow, we have a tour of some of the major sites in Rome! I'll update again tomorrow! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment